Saturday, November 25, 2006

My my my...those are some enlightened ladies.







As I have said in previous entries, I have been looking at a good bit of buddhist are for this project, and since I was going through something of a dry spell in finding the Buddhist hot spots here in memphis, I was keeping myself busy by emulating some of the art I have found. But of my favorate stuff has been nice expressive ink work, usaly using black ink. One see's this sort of thing often in the Sumi-e ink drawing technique, which is often practiced by Buddhist monks as a form of meditation. This technique is a great way to warm up for actual on site drawing, because it uses quick and precise brush strokes to paint a picture. The outcome is both beautiful and expressive.

So as I while not drawing Memphis buddhists, I have been letting myself become inspired by classic and contemporary buddhist art. In this post I shall post my female subjects. beautiful Buddhist ladies.

No comments: